Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Culinary discoveries

Rather than try to recap, I think I'll just jump right into into. Obviously, for now, the theme will be "discovering Carrboro", where we now live as of ten days ago. I'll start getting into headier topics later, I know, but right now I just want to give old friends some daily glimpses into our new life here in north Carolina.

After setting up my computer a week ago, I quickly realized that this new DSL connection was sucking me into computer-potatohood. So I've resolved not to be on the internet in the mornings or after dinner. This morning, running my errands with Emmett, we walked to the pharmacy, the co-op, the realty, and ended our trip at Cliff's Meat Market here in Carrboro (sorry vegetarian friends). Asking for a slice of lamb, I followed owner Cliff himself to the freezer case. He flipped through wrapped packages and pointed to one: "guess what this is? it's rabbit. There's just no beating rabbit meat." I melted, I love rabbit. Turns out Cliff is a purveyor of rabbit and ducks as well. What a find!

Incredible how elated I've felt all day, thinking of the culinary possibilities ahead. Cassoulet, rabbit in prunes... And no one to cook for but Mike, I miss you all so much! There's a listing right now for a house in a co-housing community, maybe that's the ticket to finding mouths to feed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home