Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pas d'omelette...

... sans casser des oeufs.
No omelets without breaking some eggs.
I am currently possessed by the re-organization demon. This demon visits periodically, and it's not unwelcome since it gets my to-file box filed, my seasonal clothes put away, and all those other organizational tasks that I get lazy about.
But this time, he's bitten me harder (is it the Omega-3s?) Attracted by a neighborhood pawn shop claiming gold was at its highest, I sorted through my adolescent jewelry box full of well-meaning gifts, and took them in. The cash return was a nice feeling. Then there was a recycling drive at the local Whole Foods, and another square yard of materials went.
And then... I looked at all my accumulated library of books, and decided to go to town. Every book is now on the floor, while I enter all the ISBNs in Amazon.com to find out if they're rare at all. So many chemistry reference books! 80% weren't, and they're headed to the used bookstores before going to the library book sale. Then I'm going to start selling on e-Bay, and dole out the remaining ones. Who knew that French books were so expensive in the US?
So with my omelet all over the floor, I hope the re-org demon doesn't leave me before I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home