Eggshells
Today Mike had a job interview. Wahoo!
Last night we bounced around various interview questions. The usual ones of course: "what made you interested in applying for this position?", "what major lesson did you learn in grad school?", and "what would you have done differently?" As I was trying to generate the questions (and Mike was trying to evade them) I was thinking about how useful it was to undergo experiences like this occasionally, to really take stock and define yourself. I've rarely been asked these questions myself, and as it were, Mike didn't either, but I think we got some nice conversation out of it while I tried to clean my saddle.
Another good thing about last night was it coincided with our introductory yoga class at the Carrboro Yoga Company (CYCo). I'd never tried it even though so many friends had recommended it. Well, it was wonderful! We loved it, both of us! And I even found out I wasn't so stiff after all. Other than the momentary stress of having Mike's glasses stepped on (all we need is for Mike to show up at his appointment with tape around his glasses), it was pure bliss.
Okay, so how did it go? After dropping Mike off at 10:30, I was on eggshells at home until past noon, when he finally called. Turned out it went very well! No decision can be made until November 30, apparently, but we were so relieved to have it behind us that we had a long nap.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home