Archiving a go-go
Sorry I've been away from my blog for so long. One thing I've been spending tons of time doing is archiving the loose photos I inherited from my father 2 years ago--2 boxes of photos and negatives in bulk. Quite a project, but somehow when the mood strikes, it's good to make use of it! I'm happy to report that after one full month, it's done! Thanks to every size of photo page offered at Century Photo Products, the boxes are now in 10 binders, chronologically arranged. I can even say it was almost fun to sleuth out which photos belonged in which batch by tracking outfits, hairstyles and background elements. Now the fun begins: framing and albuming! And now for my next endorsement, of my HP 2710 printer, which is staying warm by making copies of photos to send to my aunt for identification. I've been doing my own home enlargements from prints and thinking about the wonders of technology. But back when all of this was more arduous (put in safe folder, remember to take to photo studio, wait, pick up, get to framer) I suppose we just gave up, so in spite of the apparent simplification, life just feels so much busier! Some of the photos are from the 30s and 40s, printed on postcard stock (why don't we do that anymore?) with the fancy logos of photographers, which in our family were all in France. Part of the sleuthing has been looking online for those studios and when they operated--half the time you can actually get that info online! Anyway, I wasn't this upbeat a couple weeks ago when I wasn't yet near critical mass, but now that it's over, well, life is good again. Maybe the lesson is we need tough work, moments of feeling overwhelmed, in order to appreciate freedom and accomplishment.

1 Comments:
Now that my mother's moving I'm facing a similar task, but have no energy or time for it... Oof.
Post a Comment
<< Home