Friday, February 04, 2005

Over to Old Europe

On Sunday I fly to France for a week to deal with family matters, so I won't be blogging until I get back just in time for Valentine's Day. It's going to be a really busy trip, and I'm busy now printing all my itineraries and road maps so I can hit the ground running.
If you're headed to Europe anytime soon, bookmark this site now: www5.mappy.com. This is an incredibly sophisticated mapping tool, available in five languages. When you give it an itinerary to map out, it shows you all the road signs exactly as you should see them, and an estimate of fuel costs and time. If you choose to drive on the privately run toll roads, it gives you the change you will need to have ready. Huh? Private roads? Isn't free enterprise an American invention? Mappy also warns you of radar speed traps along the way. What? In Europe? But everyone knows that liberties are greater here!
Anyway, I'll miss y'all! Could someone check in on Mike and Emmett while I'm gone?

1 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Bob said...

Microsoft's street's and trips product is pretty good if you have a laptop with you, espicially if you spend ~$50 to pick up a GPS for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home