Blue Mecca 2
Well in a different shade of blue, the Tar Heels won the NCAA championship finals yesterday! Now not being that avid a basketball fan myself, I nonetheless got caught up in the excitement and watched the Heels play their final games, and they were unequivocally enthralling. I think I never got excited having never watched b-ball played well, and the sportsmanship of the UNC team. Never did they lose their cool, get pushy or frazzled. Their coach seems a true gentleman. At any rate, they have a new fan. We watched as we tried to assemble more office furniture for Mike, which wasn't too productive, and when the game ended before midnight, like the old codgers we have become, we went to bed. Hence we missed out on the 25,000-strong crowd that poured onto Franklin Street to revel. For Aggies, Franklin is equivalend to Russell, not a huge street there at the top of the Hill that Chapel Hill is named for. That's a lot of Carolina Blue T-shirts, but what a nice color to see everyone wear.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home