One year
A lot can happen in one year. We got married one year ago as of yesterday. We dined out and talked about our first expectations when we met (neither of us had too many at the time). And look. In one year, we got hitched, finished a second dissertation, packed up the house for our friend to move into, traveled for five months in the South Pacific, came back, drove across country here to prospect, found something, flew back, shipped Jet across, drove a truck and dog back in time to receive Jet four hours later, now we have a house of our own and Mike has a new job starting soon and I'm back to job-searching. By the way, my Dad's furniture is coming in a week or two from France too, by the way by the way all in a day's work.
Well so when I was in Davis last, I got into town and felt like I was on a high for several days, visiting dear dear people and just knowing my way around down to the potholes. And I got to think about glue, something I have been playing with this afternoon while I make Mike a card. Glue. My friends are my glue. Our friends are our glue. We wouldn't fall apart without you, but you hold us together each and together. In the Davis sunshine (it was in the 70s all week while I was there, just like for the wedding) I got to think about the meaning of home, and for someone who used to like to think that I would do well wherever I was planted, I am actually happy to know I'm not just floating in life, but that I actually do have a home, a hometown. It's okay to say that I am far from home right now, traveling still, not settled yet, but getting there.

1 Comments:
Do we get to choose which brand of glue??
:)
Happy anniversary you cuties. I can't believe it's already been a year. You are very dear to us.
Post a Comment
<< Home