Thursday, February 17, 2005

An Ode to my Sweetie

Today is Valentine's Day. I know that the calendar says it's February 17, but Mike and I never celebrate the old Saint's day on the actual date, to avoid the hordes of diners faking romantic passion and other such commercialized silliness. So we've decreed today to be our V-day for this year.
Not to brag, but Mike's been sending me adorable e-mails all week in prelude. He's left little chocolates with tiny slips of sweet nothings in various nooks of the house for me to find. A bunch of bright red tulips was there when I got home Sunday. I've been feeling pretty precial. The experience of feeling loved is powerful, and transform the landscape. It also makes me love everyone under the sky.
I just want to say that my sweetie (husband is a lousy word) is a great guy.
As I sit here cutting out hearts from red construction paper, I was thinking that being sweetly silly is a great habit that merits more regular occurrence.
All of you, hop to it! Acts of random sweetness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home