Friday, June 03, 2005

The Inexperienced Tourguide

You might be wondering about the sparse postings to my blog (sparser than usual anyway). Well, we are happy hosts to the famous blogging duo Pica and Numenius of Feathers of Hope fame (http://www.magpienest.org/feathersofhope/). This has put me, the neophyte, in the position of guiding and interpreting the local sites and customs, an interesting position to e in. This is where I notice that some of their observations were once my own, and already engrained in my routine, which must mean I'm not such a neophyte after all. It also challenges me to re-engage with our new home and get out of my ruts to try those must-sees and must-dos that only local folks ignore. When I lived in Hong Kong, my mother and I never went to see the great sights unless we had visitors, which was often, and here we've gone straight from being new to the area to being blase about it--inexcusable, don't you think?
And so we've seen the Bennett Place (official ending place of the Civil War) and the lemurs of the Duke Primate Center, a good thing we're finally getting some visitors. Your turn soon?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home