Presenting Buttercup
OK so I haven't posted in quite some time... Sorry folks!
And to make it up to everyone, I'll make it a biggie.
As you might have guessed from the above, Mike and I are expecting another little kiblet! It's hard to blog about my wanderings, both geographical and cogitative, when this big secret is at the tip of my tongue!
His/her nickname, for now, is Buttercup. We first found out about the happy event when the buttercups were coming up everywhere. Awwww.
To be honest, though, I've been sick, too. As it turns out, bad timing, I've had a bad bout of gastritis, which I ignored for a while thinking it was just a symptom of the aforementioned condition. Until I couldn't stand up anymore, that is. After some pushing and a number of blood tests, well, it turned out it was actually nasty old Helicobacter pylori. Which the attending OB saw and said, sorry, no antibiotics for you. So for now, I manage on Rx Zantac and a more regimented diet. If you can imagine, I don't like food too much right now, it's so unlike me. I'll soon find out what next, ulcers and treatments and etc etc. From what I gather, Buttercup is getting what s/he needs, so I often feel utterly run down by the end of the day. Luckily retirement is around the corner for me ;)
Some folks have asked if I've been telling Biscuit about this. Well, yes, but frankly, it's rather silly. She's 18 months, and "tomorrow" is a pretty strange concept, let alone "in six months", and judging how she likes to stride my belly and jump mercilessly, the physical ramifications are pretty foreign to her too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home