Monday, July 09, 2007

Retirement Week 1

OKAY so I've been retired a whole week now! I think everyone's first week of retirement is probably wonderful, and it has been for me. I've been trying to hold onto the lessons I learned from the working life, namely that I can let go of household duties and be satisfied that I've done enough in one day, even if I haven't brought home a paycheck. Otherwise, I'm now setting myself to learning about living life at Chloe's pace, which is neither faster nor slower than my own but just entirely different. Hence our Thursday morning exploration of Duke Gardens took us all over in many random directions, and in 3 hours we covered 2 or 3 miles, dashing over bridges back and forth over and over and then slowing to a crawl when observing ducks harassing each other. So far I've managed to "accomplish" very little, though Mike seems happy I'm back to making yogurt and cooking real meals (now that I'm cured of my ulcer too) and the neighbors seem to be enjoying the baking too! There won't be much time to really kick back, since Mike will be going to conference at the end of the month and then we're going to be in France most of August. When we get back, C will be starting a 3-mornings-a-week toddler pre-K program... a little breather until Buttercup comes. Who ever had time for a job?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home