Tin roofs and butterflies
Today it rained all day, the air was balmy and we hung out in shirt-sleeves, waiting for a break in the rain to venture out. Doors and windows open, we got to listen to the music of raindrops on the tin roofs, and work through decades-old filing. Having this space and time has become very special now, and Mike was already talking about preparing for going back to work, missing this.
I'm applying for a great job too right now, I found out about it this morning. The last few jobs I applied for were pretty poor fits, which might account for not even receiving an acknowledgment from the prospective employers. But this one is a gem, it's got the policy piece, the organizational piece, the working with people--the stakes are higher now! But as I pore over my cover letter, I'm thinking about how unpleasant it is to market oneself. At the end of the letter, I felt that I sounded so very Californian, and not in a good sense, so I sent it to Renee in Knoxville, to mentor me in the ways of the South. Brash is not a virtue in these parts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home