Slowing Down for Real
Well after all the medical excitement last weekend it was time to really slow down! It was a great excuse to catch up on all those accumulated craft projects--and I finally got around to finishing a quilt top I started three years ago!
This quilt came to me in a dream, believe it or not. It was around the time that the US Postal Service put out its quilt series, and I woke up with this one in my head, a variation on the Roman Stripe pattern only using Indonesian batiks. Now that it's done it still has to be backed and batted and quilted, more decisions to make. I'm going to be tie-dyeing a king size white sheet to use as backing, more craftiness up ahead.
Of course I have another five quilts ahead of me to do, one a baby quilt of course, several T-shirt quilts and a denim quilt from old jeans. Lots of stuff to keep my mind off the strangeness of finally showing, having never had a belly before and being a lifelong belly sleeper...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home