One big leaf to turn
Well, look at this! Never got a week after all, here came Chloe on November 17. To all you birth story fans, it was a very good birth, to those of you who aren't into it, skip to next paragraph. Contractions started at 2:27 am, I slept though a number of them until 5am, when I started timing them at 10 min apart. At 6:30 I woke the papa to start his job as coach, and we counted and timed until about noon, when they reached the magic threshold (and the contractions were nothing, it was the back pain that was something). We went over to Duke Hospital, and having reached the 4cm mark, I was given my epidural and napped until about 5. At 6:30 came time for actual labor ("pushing") and Chloe was born at 8:38pm.
Anyway, we're almost at a week now, and except for having to deal with a case of jaundice, we're finding a rhythm and overall loving it all so far. Not much time to reflect or write, sorry folks, give me another week of nesting in.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home