Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ahhh

I had no idea I was tense. I didn't know that I was nervous. But here it is, yesterday I was on edge all day. And today, well, things feel a lot better, don't they? Yesterday rain poured from dawn until midnight, not the showers the NOAA radio forecast, but one long continuous cold heavy rain. Parents dropping their kids off at Watts Elementary were belligerent. Once we found parking and walked into the gym, though, we found it empty and echo-ey, the volunteers waiting. Oh no, please let there be a good turnout. We navigated our ballots half-blind, since the voter information pamphlets in NC are minimal to non-existent, making it almost impossible to figure out what choices we are actually asked to weigh in on. Someone later on in the day at work said they wouldn't have the time to vote, again the tension. Our local NPR affiliate timed their pledge week for this week, so I avoided the radio completely, but this morning we heard. About Pelosi. And Rumsfeld. (Sorry, also about Schwarzenegger). I know we're not out of the woods yet, Mike, but this is already way better.

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Pica said...

Y'know, Schwarzenegger, since his drubbing last November, has been learning how to cooperate with the Dems. And Angelides never TRIED. it was a miserable campaign which he should have had in the bag. The primary really hurt his funds, though, and painted him as mean-spirited.

Of much, much more import here in California is that Prop. 90 failed -- it would have been a disaster. (Eminent domain / payment / protection of landowners / complicated to the point of befuddling the entire electorate. It came down to a rural/urban split, as these things usually do in the West.)

Oh! And Pombo got ousted. That one was worth the bubbly too.

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I know... I'm sad about Angelides because he is so smart, and very capable, but that political machinery he used for his campaign just went about it all wrong. Thanks for the update on Prop 90, I had forgotten to follow up, that was a nasty piece of legislation! Yeah, overall, a good day was had by all (even those who argue the reverse).
-Nicole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home